Monday, February 18, 2013

Tea and books

I don't quite understand why people expect such high things of each other when they usually don't do much for themselves. Why can't I just be a happy bookstore owner who has a small cafe on the side where we have tea. Why can't people be happy with the small life. It's so comfortable and peaceful. Sure, with success comes all sorts of adventures and opportunities to go somewhere new but really all I want is to have a steady income of my own in a job as my own boss. I would ideally be running it practically by myself but I wouldn't mind. It'd be hard sometimes but I wouldn't be able to bear it any other way. Too easy and it becomes boring, too hard and it becomes a source of stress. Perhaps I could find a business partner or something but I doubt it really. I'd probably be able to draw during the slow times and keep up with my writing. The shop would be open only during the day, no late nights so that I would t have to worry about it taking over my whole life. I can't stop thinking about this idea. It's perfect and at the same time it makes me sad to think that I'll probably never achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment