Wednesday, August 15, 2012

7/28/12


Saturday
So, today was amazing. I got to wake up to the birds singing outside my window this morning at camp. It was very nice and special for me because I hardly ever get to sleep in that late, and I certainly won’t get to next week. I’ll be up here for almost a whole week, working on my fort with my father. It’s going to be so cool when it’s done. I promise to take some pictures of our progress. I still need to show you some good pictures of my camp too don’t I? Hmm. Anyways, was super psyched to see the opening ceremony of the Olympics, but by the time we got up to camp last night, it was already an hour in and I missed the part I wanted to see the most. Oh well, at least I got to see the rest of it. I’m actually watching the swimming competitions now and I was a bit disappointed with Micheal Phelps’ performance this year. But Olympic disappointments aside, I did do something amazing today.
Today, I went golfing with my mom and her best friend (Kim) and her best friend’s husband (Tom). Tom is an avid golfer so I was more than a bit out of my league when I was golfing with them. Doesn’t really help that I am a really crappy golfer, no joke.  Anyways, we went golfing and I did so much better than I normally do, that I was just grinning this ridiculously large smile for the rest of the day and nothing could wipe it off of my face. I literally shaved about twelve strokes off of my game which is monumental. I was so excited when I finally figured out how to make my drives go straight (which they haven’t for literally two full years.) I could’ve just died with happiness. It was a great feeling.
This weekend, Saturday in particular, I finally started reading my copy of Artemis Fowl The Last Guardian. Good god, I never knew I could read that fast until now. 328 pages in a grand total of about two hours. Maybe an extra twenty minutes somewhere in there.  If you are into this series or have read any of Eoin Colfer’s books, you know what I mean when I say, WHYYYY??? WHY WOULD HE DO THIS TO US??? STUPID LIFE RUINERS. (Cliffhangers that aren’t cliffhangers because cliff hangers imply a sort of hope, these endings leave no hope and are therefore, life ruiners.)
Anyways, after all that I haven’t really done much else today besides starting a sketch based off of a line from The Last Guardian. Unfortunately since I am a crap artist, it might take a little bit of refining until I am ready to share it.  Well my mom wants to go to bed and she wants to be sure that I won’t stay up… so I gotta go.  Night all.

EDIT: I'll share some pictures from that day for you.











No comments:

Post a Comment