Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/1/12


Today, has been great! We got up early to start work on clearing the area for my fort and we got almost all that done. We just have a few more branches to pick up here and there and then we can start on digging the holes for the posts. But we’ll save that for tomorrow morning. Today once we finished work, we went golfing at the Four Seasons Resort. It’s basically this island resort in the middle of the Menominee River that is extremely posh and fancy, but it’s in the middle of nowhere. It used to be owned by the Mafia in fact. That golf game didn’t go so well, but it was hot and we were grumpy. Eh, that’s okay though, because this afternoon was nice.
After lunch, we wasted time at the campground fixing a few things here and there. I took a few good photos of my cat when we got back from the campground. Other than that, I just got back from a long jeep ride with my dad. We were trying to find the road that my brother took me down one day. It was an old road that was very overgrown and when we found the one I thought it was, we went down it. It wasn’t the right road. But we had fun trying to find our way out of those overgrown roads that barely fit the jeep through at points.
Now, I’m just waiting for supper to get done, shishkabobs. I helped make them and I also got a really cool picture of the ingredients before they got skewered. I’ll make sure to put that up with this post. Only my second day up here out of five, and I feel like I’ve been here an eternity and that’s completely fine by me. I love it up here, the way that you don’t have to know what time it is, because it doesn’t matter. You have no place you need to be, and all day to get there.
Naturally, I spend most of my days out in the woods, walking around and learning the lay of the land and the songs of the birds. I have developed my Whiperwhill call to the point where if they are within hearing distance, I can call them in to me. Something else that may be noteworthy is that whenever I am walking in the woods, I am accompanied by about four or five Chickadees.  They follow me all the way up to where the trees end  for the clearing that my Cabin sits in.
I think it looks so cool right now, the last of the evening light is shining on the trees. I’m gonna go take some pictures now and eat.
OH MY GOD. Those Cabobs I was telling you about earlier? Well, we ate them and holy crap they were insanely good. I would eat these every day for the rest of my life if I was given the choice. We saved the last three cabobs for tomorrow’s breakfast, we are going to chop them up really small and put them into an omelet.
Well, it’s only ten after ten but we are still up waiting for my brother to make his appearance here at camp. He is bringing David up with him, his friend. We are getting a little anxious, and my parents are really tired. I keep telling them they can go to bed, and I’ll wait up for him but they won’t go to bed. Anyways, yeah we just finished watching the summer Olympics again, and watching all those swimming competitions really makes me want to swim really bad again. I know I’m really out of shape, but maybe once I get my license, I’ll just drive myself to Gold’s Gym and get one of their stupid memberships so that I can use their pool. God, I can’t wait until I can get my own vehicle and my license

PICTURES:










No comments:

Post a Comment