Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/2/12


Today has been an adventure of its own. I started out with a morning game of cribbage with my mother over a nice cup of joe.  After that, I took a really refreshing shower, and braided my hair in my normal do. We took Ryan and his friend David out on the boat, and out to the rope swing.
It was actually very interesting trying to get out there in the first place. The first time we tried to take the pontoon out there, we were cruising right along. And then we hit a log with the motor. Again. We’ve done this before; in fact it was so recent that the prop on the motor was still shiny. When we hit the log, dad turned off the motor and put up the motor so he could see the damage, and oh boy was there. One of the blades was completely bent over on itself and the two other blades had sizable chunks missing from them. So we headed back to the dock and dad replaced it right away with an old prop we happened to have that was still completely intact.  
On the second time, we got out there and David got all the way up on the tree, and then chickened out completely and came down about ten minutes after he got up there in the first place. That was pretty funny and then I decided to do some actual laps going all out.
 I didn’t have a specific length but I tried to estimate where the twenty five yard mark would be and do all my flip turns and such. I did a 200 IM (8 lengths, two of each stroke) then another 100 Breast stroke and a 50 Butterfly and then a 100 Freestyle with a 50 breast to cool down. Ugh, my abs are killing me now though. That extra 50 butterfly didn’t do my stomach muscles any favors in sense of soreness. I am going out again tomorrow, and I’m going to do basically the same exercise.
Then after we had an amazing fish fry with really good deep fried walleye and northern, we waited for Ryan and David to leave and went fishing. We caught six fish, three sunfish and three bluegill.  I caught three of those fish, one bluegill and two sunfish. It wasn’t the best fishing trip we’ve ever had but hey, its enough that my father will bother to clean them. 
Other than that, Ryan and David went out with the Jeep, and then the four-wheelers while they were still here. Umm and I guess it’s somewhat noteworthy to say that we didn’t do an ounce of work at all today, it was nice. I’m just going to finish my day with some Olympics and an episode of Supernatural, then it’s off to bed with my sore body. Night all.

PICTURES:








No comments:

Post a Comment